Search

Inside Recess Fun

I don't know about you, but it seems like there are so many days each year where we are stuck INSIDE for recess.  It's either rain, snow, temperature, or ozone alerts that prevent us from going outside.  Sometimes I let the kids have "free time," but honestly, that can be very loud and messy!  :-)

When we are stuck inside, I KNOW my kids need to expend energy and exercise!  I came up with some fun physical activities for the kids to do.  I set it up like stations.  I hang posters around the room, and kiddos rotate with a partner to each "station."  None of the activities require any equipment so it's fast and easy to set up.  The exercises are all common, and kiddos are familiar with them from PE class so they really have a ball with it.
Check out a few example posters from my Inside Recess Fun product:
 
 
 
 
As always, set your behavior and noise level expectations before beginning!  Have fun!

Comment on this post and let me know what you think.  Don't forget to include your e-mail.  I'll choose a few lucky winners, and send you Inside Recess Fun for FREE!  

12 comments

  1. These are so awesome!!!!
    What I love about it, is that it can be used in various ways - raining days, brain breaks, whole group center time - play.

    I would love to have a copy of this packet.
    Thanks in advance.

    foxysexyroxy10@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!! Inside recess is not fun and our little sweetie pies need to get out some energy!! This would be so fun and good for them, especially ones who only play video games at home :) love it, love it, love it!!
    gigi683@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kids don't like inside recess so your pack would be great to add some fun factor to inside recess! The crab walk is funny!

    cheriemae@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This pack looks like it would be a great addition to inside recess - I love it! It would get the kids moving and bring a smile to their faces for sure :)

    Lori
    wrlean@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. We just spent 4 out of 5 days (of the first week of school) doing inside recess.... WE SOOO NEED THESE posters. I love your creativity.

    Kelley
    kcr518@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. We just spent 4 out of 5 days (of the first week of school) doing inside recess.... WE SOOO NEED THESE posters. I love your creativity.

    Kelley
    kcr518@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. We always have a lot of days of inside recess. This would be fun for my large class and a great way to get rid of their energy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a great option for indoor recess, which can be such a drag!

    Rachel
    rachel.beaton@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful idea. My students love movement breaks. Such a great way to release energy.

    ~Tonya
    the3shores@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats to Tonya, Roxanne, Gigi, and Kelley! Y'all are the lucky winners! Check your inbox! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am loving this! Awesome idea! :)

    Kim
    Carried Away in... K!

    ReplyDelete